Download the latest version of wordpress from the link below:
Create a folder in the local server e.g.
In WAMP Server, Go to the folder called “www”.
Create a new folder inside the “www” folder. Rename the new folder according to your choice. For instance, let the name be “New_Website”.
In the “New-Website” folder created, extract the downloaded WordPress Zip File.
Now go to “phpMyAdmin” and create a new database.
Let the name of the new database be “test_website”.
Now go to “New-Website” folder and open “wp-config-sample.php” file.
Replace the following:
- Replace ‘database_name_here’ with the newly created database name. In this case it will be “ test_website”.
- Replace ‘username_here’ with “root”.
- Leave the password field empty. Replace ‘password_here’ with “ ”.
The file would look like this now:
Rename the “wp-config-sample.php” to “wp-config.php”. Save the file.
Now go to any browser: i.e. Google Chrome.
- Type the following path: localhost/New_Website/
- You will be redirected to the WordPress Installation page.
- Select the language of your preference and click ‘Continue’.
Fill in the details required.
- The site title will be the name of your website i.e. your brand name.
- Choose a username and password of your choice. You can change the password later on.
- Fill in your email id and click ‘ Install WordPress’.
- You will be then directed to the success page of the wordpress installation.
Step 14 (if required):
Your wordpress installation is complete. If anytime you see, that a new version of wordpress is available, you can take a backup and update the wordpress by clicking on the “Please Update Now” link.